SV: Re: [Marinebio_students] University search

  • maloukra@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2005
      Hi Robin,
      Thank you for your suggestion, I am still looking but the replies I have received helped!
      Marie

      robin solash <dolphincubus@...> skrev:
      The Evergreen State College in Olympia Washington...study under Eirk Thusessn...the best marine bio prof....he has studied in Germany, is well published and a genius. Thats who I got my educaion from.

      Good Luck
      Robin

      maloukra <maloukra@...> wrote:
      Hi everybody,

      I am studying biology at the university of Copenhagen, but I am
      planning a year abroad studying - probably in the states. US college
      searches is a jungle though, and I am having difficulty in choosing a
      school. What I am looking for is a school with good marine biology
      and/or zoology courses. I will be getting my bachelor degree before I
      leave but I will probably be taking both upper level undergraduate
      courses as well as grad. courses, because of paperwork and
      application deadlines.

      I am hoping some of you out there might have ideas for which schools
      have good courses in the fields I am looking for. I have been looking
      elsewhere in the world also, but it seems college searches are
      jungles no matter where in the world. So all the help you can give me
      is very much appreciated!

      Marie

    • Dementia
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2005
        On Tue, 31 May 2005, maloukra wrote:

        > Hi everybody,
        >
        > I am hoping some of you out there might have ideas for which schools
        > have good courses in the fields I am looking for. I have been looking
        > elsewhere in the world also, but it seems college searches are
        > jungles no matter where in the world. So all the help you can give me
        > is very much appreciated!
        >
        > Marie

        If you are interested in a certain area of research, you may want to check
        and see where the people doing that kind of work are located. For
        instance, if you just LOVE amphipods I would suggest going to Nova
        Southeastern University as one of the top researchers is a professor
        there. :)