peppermint shrimp needed...

  • ocellaris425
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011
      So the reef tank where I work has a serious aiptasia problem these days. I'm considering trying a variety/combination of methods to combat it, because I know that it's insanely difficult to get rid of. I'm hesitant to try much concentrated NaOH yet because I want to see if I can at least lower the numbers by other methods.

      Has anyone tried using peppermint shrimp to fight aiptasia? I know sometimes they can at least help with the problem, even if they don't fix it completely. If so, do you know of anyone near Champaign that would have any? At the moment, Sailfin does not have any in.

      Also, I should note that I'm not looking to add any vertebrates to this tank due to university protocol, so adding butterflyfish or other fish really isn't an option.