MACNA Update

  • sloppygolf
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2005
      Hey all, I went to the Marine Aquarium Conference of North America in
      Washington DC this weekend. It was unbelievable. Some of the speakers
      were Bob Fenner, Stephen Pro, Julian Sprung, Eric Borneman, Anthony
      Calfo, Charles Delbeek, and more. All the people who write everything
      about our hobby. Some really great topics concerning corals, garlic
      effects on saltwater ick, aquarium design, just about everything you
      can imagine. They also had all the vendors there with new equipment,
      etc. One of them was Vortech, they have a new prop. pump that actually
      sticks to the outside of the glass, put the other side into the tank
      opposite it, and it runs the props magnetically....no electricity in
      the tank, no heat transfer.....really cool,never seen anything like it.
      They had lots of frags for pretty cheap also. They raffled off a bunch
      of stuff but I didn't win anything :-( One of the prizes was a 10 day
      trip for two to Fiji diving at the Walt Smith coral farms. Some guy
      from Houston won it.

      Anybody else make it there???
    • Antonios
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2005
        --- In MarineReefTank@yahoogroups.com, "sloppygolf"
        <sloppygolf@y...> wrote:
        > Hey all, I went to the Marine Aquarium Conference of North America
        in
        > Washington DC this weekend. It was unbelievable. Some of the
        speakers
        > were Bob Fenner, Stephen Pro, Julian Sprung, Eric Borneman, Anthony
        > Calfo, Charles Delbeek, and more. All the people who write
        everything
        > about our hobby. Some really great topics concerning corals, garlic
        > effects on saltwater ick, aquarium design, just about everything
        you
        > can imagine. They also had all the vendors there with new
        equipment,
        > etc. One of them was Vortech, they have a new prop. pump that
        actually
        > sticks to the outside of the glass, put the other side into the
        tank
        > opposite it, and it runs the props magnetically....no electricity
        in
        > the tank, no heat transfer.....really cool,never seen anything
        like it.
        > They had lots of frags for pretty cheap also. They raffled off a
        bunch
        > of stuff but I didn't win anything :-( One of the prizes was a 10
        day
        > trip for two to Fiji diving at the Walt Smith coral farms. Some guy
        > from Houston won it.
        >
        > Anybody else make it there???

        I would have LOVED to be there but:( had to work...Anyway maybe next
        year. Did you snap any pics? I would love to see them. Thanks for
        sharing.