Re: [ML] Newly Luminated!

  • Grant Porter
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2012
      Hi Mark,

      That sounds pretty cool. Glad there are folks out there keeping the ML
      alive. Definitely let us know how it goes and post some video if you can.

      -Grant

      On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Mark Goldstein <kvetch@...> wrote:

      > Grant's right, not much chatter on the list, so I'll add my two cents here.
      > The Redwood Symphony has commissioned a Marimba Lumina Concerto that I'll
      > be premiering soon:
      >
      > http://redwoodsymphony.org/concerts/2011-12/concert6-2011.html
      >
      > I'll try to get some video uploaded once it's done.

    • jjdavel
      Message 2 of 6 , May 9, 2012
        ML is definitely alive. Besides items at absolutedeviation.com, I've been busy performing as well. This Friday I'll be in Burlington, Vermont at the Flynn Center playing all Lumina with a new music quartet and a wide variety of music. Come on out if you're in the area. Last month I was at UM-Kalamazoo playing only vocal samples on Lumina for a new chamber opera written for me and a tenor. Perhaps this summer I'll post some video of what I'm doing with the instrument.
        best, joel

        --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Grant Porter <grant@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mark,
        >
        > That sounds pretty cool. Glad there are folks out there keeping the ML
        > alive. Definitely let us know how it goes and post some video if you can.
        >
        > -Grant
        >

        > On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Mark Goldstein <kvetch@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Grant's right, not much chatter on the list, so I'll add my two cents here.
        > > The Redwood Symphony has commissioned a Marimba Lumina Concerto that I'll
        > > be premiering soon:
        > >
        > > http://redwoodsymphony.org/concerts/2011-12/concert6-2011.html
        > >
        > > I'll try to get some video uploaded once it's done.

      • jcsveth
        Message 3 of 6 , May 9, 2012
          It is nice to see some activity.
          N. Scott Robinson, welcome. The first thing I did was go through the manual (rare for me), then have it open while going through the stock ML presets, and then read it again, and then start programming my own presets. The factory presets go a long way to show off the features of the unit.
          Joel, is the processor upgrade available? Could you talk at all about it - what it adds, how it feels? Also, are there still plans to produce another run of MLs?
          J.