Newly Luminated!

  • nscott.robinson
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7 7:49 PM
      Hello Everyone,

      I just bought Andy's Marimba Lumina 2.5. Looking forward to interacting with you all on this amazing instrument!

      N. Scott Robinson
    • Grant Porter
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8 3:50 AM
        Howdy,

        I can't really say there's much interaction on the list any more but there
        are a few people listening. :)

        -Grant

        On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM, nscott.robinson <sonrob@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > I just bought Andy's Marimba Lumina 2.5. Looking forward to interacting
        > with you all on this amazing instrument!
        >
        > N. Scott Robinson

      • Mark Goldstein
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8 10:03 AM
          Grant's right, not much chatter on the list, so I'll add my two cents here.
          The Redwood Symphony has commissioned a Marimba Lumina Concerto that I'll be premiering soon:

          http://redwoodsymphony.org/concerts/2011-12/concert6-2011.html

          I'll try to get some video uploaded once it's done.

          On May 8, 2012, at 3:50 AM, Grant Porter wrote:

          > Howdy,
          >
          > I can't really say there's much interaction on the list any more but there
          > are a few people listening. :)
          >
          > -Grant
          >
          > On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:49 PM, nscott.robinson <sonrob@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hello Everyone,
          > >
          > > I just bought Andy's Marimba Lumina 2.5. Looking forward to interacting
          > > with you all on this amazing instrument!
          > >
          > > N. Scott Robinson

        • Grant Porter
          Message 4 of 6 , May 8 1:50 PM
            Hi Mark,

            That sounds pretty cool. Glad there are folks out there keeping the ML
            alive. Definitely let us know how it goes and post some video if you can.

            -Grant

            On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Mark Goldstein <kvetch@...> wrote:

            > Grant's right, not much chatter on the list, so I'll add my two cents here.
            > The Redwood Symphony has commissioned a Marimba Lumina Concerto that I'll
            > be premiering soon:
            >
            > http://redwoodsymphony.org/concerts/2011-12/concert6-2011.html
            >
            > I'll try to get some video uploaded once it's done.

          • jjdavel
            Message 5 of 6 , May 9 12:00 AM
              ML is definitely alive. Besides items at absolutedeviation.com, I've been busy performing as well. This Friday I'll be in Burlington, Vermont at the Flynn Center playing all Lumina with a new music quartet and a wide variety of music. Come on out if you're in the area. Last month I was at UM-Kalamazoo playing only vocal samples on Lumina for a new chamber opera written for me and a tenor. Perhaps this summer I'll post some video of what I'm doing with the instrument.
              best, joel

              --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Grant Porter <grant@...> wrote:

              > Hi Mark,
              >
              > That sounds pretty cool. Glad there are folks out there keeping the ML
              > alive. Definitely let us know how it goes and post some video if you can.
              >
              > -Grant
              >

              > On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Mark Goldstein <kvetch@...> wrote:
              >
              > > Grant's right, not much chatter on the list, so I'll add my two cents here.
              > > The Redwood Symphony has commissioned a Marimba Lumina Concerto that I'll
              > > be premiering soon:
              > >
              > > http://redwoodsymphony.org/concerts/2011-12/concert6-2011.html
              > >
              > > I'll try to get some video uploaded once it's done.

            • jcsveth
              Message 6 of 6 , May 9 5:08 AM
                It is nice to see some activity.
                N. Scott Robinson, welcome. The first thing I did was go through the manual (rare for me), then have it open while going through the stock ML presets, and then read it again, and then start programming my own presets. The factory presets go a long way to show off the features of the unit.
                Joel, is the processor upgrade available? Could you talk at all about it - what it adds, how it feels? Also, are there still plans to produce another run of MLs?
                J.