NYC Luminizing this weekend with 3 different performers and styles

  • jjdavel
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 21, 2010
      If anyone wants a good sampling of the Lumina, this weekend in Manhattan is the place to be. I'll be performing at Chen Dance Center in Chinatown. 70 Mulberry. @ 7:30pm both Friday and Saturday. (July 23 and 24th. I'll be accompanying my wife's dance company dNaga. www.danceNaganuma.com

      Also, Vessela Stoyanova will be performing with her duo on Saturday 9:30pm - 11pm. The venue is Cafe Vivaldi - 32 Jones St.
      (off Bleecker)

      Lukas Ligeti's band Burkina Electric performs free on Sunday at 3pm at Central Park's "Summerstage" http://www.myspace.com/burkinaelectric

      You could see three very different approaches within 24hours.
      (Though Friday will be the less crowded night for dance performance because of limited space.)

      Best, Joel Davel
    • Mark Goldstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 22, 2010
        Wow! That's amazing Joel, all luminas all weekend. Wish I was there. Say hi to Vessela for me if you see her.
        If you have the time, I recommend chocolate over at these places:

        Cafe Sabarsky
        http://www.cafesabarsky.com/

        Burdicks Cafe
        http://www.burdickchocolate.com/stores-and-cafes-nyc.asp