Re: Wanted Marimba Lumina

  • louis_pugh
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 11, 2006
      Thanks for the encouragement regarding the instrument. Please let me
      know if you find one for sale.

      Louis

      --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Fisher <chuck@...>
      wrote:

      > this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic and
      have had
      > one a couple off years. i love it
      >
      > cf
      >
      > At 03:22 PM 3/22/2006 +0000, you wrote:
      > >Hello:
      > >
      > >I am the director of an arts based program for adults with
      > >disabilities. We have a percussion ensemble that performs
      > >professionally and we are looking for a Marimba Lumina to
      purchase. Any
      > >information on one for sale would be greatly appreciated.
      > >
      > >You can visit us on the web at www.ec-arc.org
      > >
      > >Thanks.

    • Daniel Weiss
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 15, 2006
        I am looking for one too... 2.5 or 3.5
        Daniel

        --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, "louis_pugh"
        <louis_pugh@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the encouragement regarding the instrument. Please let me
        > know if you find one for sale.
        >
        > Louis
        >
        > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Fisher <chuck@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic and
        > have had
        > > one a couple off years. i love it
        > >
        > > cf
        > >
        > > At 03:22 PM 3/22/2006 +0000, you wrote:
        > > >Hello:
        > > >
        > > >I am the director of an arts based program for adults with
        > > >disabilities. We have a percussion ensemble that performs
        > > >professionally and we are looking for a Marimba Lumina to
        > purchase. Any
        > > >information on one for sale would be greatly appreciated.
        > > >
        > > >You can visit us on the web at www.ec-arc.org
        > > >
        > > >Thanks.

      • Daniel Weiss
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 15, 2006
          Hello again

          I wonder, what happened to the Multimedia Nearfield company? The
          website seems to be down.

          Thanks for any insight.
          Daniel
        • Grant Porter
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 15, 2006
            Nearfield is still around... http://www.nearfield.com/

            I think Nearfield Multimedia was just a side project for them to see
            if they could take Buchla's design into a comercially viable product.
            Someone in the company (I forgot who) had worked with Buchla on it.
            This makes complete sense as the technology used by the ML is eactly
            the kind of stuff Nearfield are experts with. I believe they also have
            the manufacturing capability to produce the ML so that would have been
            a big plus.

            Even though the ML got nice reviews in Keyboard and other places, I
            guess it just didn't take off like they may have been hoping. All the
            contact infor for support and stuff has gone back to Buchla and I
            don't think another production run has been made since.

            -Grant

            On 4/15/06, Daniel Weiss <weiss@...> wrote:
            > Hello again
            >
            > I wonder, what happened to the Multimedia Nearfield company? The
            > website seems to be down.
            >
            > Thanks for any insight.
            > Daniel

          • Grant Porter
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 15, 2006
              Nearfield is still around... http://www.nearfield.com/

              I think Nearfield Multimedia was just a side project for them to see
              if they could take Buchla's design into a comercially viable product.
              Someone in the company (I forgot who) had worked with Buchla on it.
              This makes complete sense as the technology used by the ML is eactly
              the kind of stuff Nearfield are experts with. I believe they also have
              the manufacturing capability to produce the ML so that would have been
              a big plus.

              Even though the ML got nice reviews in Keyboard and other places, I
              guess it just didn't take off like they may have been hoping. All the
              contact infor for support and stuff has gone back to Buchla and I
              don't think another production run has been made since.

              -Grant

              On 4/15/06, Daniel Weiss <weiss@...> wrote:
              > Hello again
              >
              > I wonder, what happened to the Multimedia Nearfield company? The
              > website seems to be down.
              >
              > Thanks for any insight.
              > Daniel

            • Oeyvind Brandtsegg
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 19, 2006
                I'll be touring with the band Motorpsycho, using a ML 2.5 and Csound as the sythesizer on a laptop. I thought I'd inform thru the list in case anyone here lives within driving distance from the concerts. (Are there any other MLs in Europe ?) Concert list pasted in below.

                best
                Oeyvind Brandtsegg

                (dd/mm/country/venue)
                22.04 Norway, Stud.Samfundet, Trondheim
                23.04 OFF
                24.04 Norway, Stud.Samfundet, Trondheim
                25.04 Norway, Hydranten, Hamar
                26.04 Norway, Rockefeller, Oslo
                27.04 Norway, Studenthuset, Halden
                28.04 OFF
                29.04 Denmark, København, The Rock
                30.04 Germany, Rostock, Mau-Club
                01.05 Germany, Postbahnhof, Berlin
                02.05 Germany, Fabrik, Hamburg
                03.05 Holland, Paradiso, Amsterdam
                04.05 Holland, Effenaar, Eindhoven
                05.05 Germany, Skaters Palace, Münster
                06.04 OFF
                07.05 Belgium, Koninklijk Circus, Brüssels - PS! Not Botanique
                08.05 Germany, Live Music Hall, Köln
                09.05 Switzerland, Coupole, Bienne
                10.05 Italy, Rolling Stone, Milano
                11.05 Italy, Velvet, Rimini
                12.05 Italy, New Age, Treviso
                13.04 OFF
                14.05 Germany, Centralstation, Darmstadt
              • Keisha
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 24, 2006
                  hello guys! I have a Marimba Lumina 2.5, slightly used ( once
                  actually). You guys interested?

                  --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Weiss" <weiss@...>
                  wrote:

                  > I am looking for one too... 2.5 or 3.5
                  > Daniel
                  >

                  > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, "louis_pugh"
                  > <louis_pugh@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for the encouragement regarding the instrument. Please
                  let me
                  > > know if you find one for sale.
                  > >
                  > > Louis
                  > >
                  > > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Fisher <chuck@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic
                  and
                  > > have had
                  > > > one a couple off years. i love it
                  > > >
                  > > > cf

                  > > purchase. Any

                  > > -----

                • Louis Pugh
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 24, 2006
                    YES! You can call me at 336.777.0076 ext. 207 or simply email me with the asking price, etc. Thanks.

                    Keisha <keisha_dc22@...> wrote: hello guys! I have a Marimba Lumina 2.5, slightly used ( once

                    wrote:

                    > I am looking for one too... 2.5 or 3.5
                    > Daniel
                    >

                    > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, "louis_pugh"
                    > <louis_pugh@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for the encouragement regarding the instrument. Please
                    let me
                    > > know if you find one for sale.
                    > >
                    > > Louis
                    > >
                    > > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Fisher <chuck@>
                    > > wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic
                    and
                    > > have had
                    > > > one a couple off years. i love it
                    > > >
                    > > > cf

                    > > purchase. Any

                    > > -----

                    ---------------------------------

                  • Keisha
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 25, 2006
                      Hi.

                      I'm offering it for USD1100 ( payment for shipping not included)

                      Includes 2 mallets, 2 pucks, manual, memory stick, Sceptre Adaptor ( Power supply), and customized hard case. s/n 023

                      slightly used.

                      I have also one interested buyer, we're still working on it. so, whoever gets it first, gets it. =)

                      God bless

                      Annie Reyes

                      Louis Pugh <louis_pugh@...> wrote:
                      YES! You can call me at 336.777.0076 ext. 207 or simply email me with the asking price, etc. Thanks.

                      Keisha wrote: hello guys! I have a Marimba Lumina 2.5, slightly used ( once

                      wrote:

                      > I am looking for one too... 2.5 or 3.5
                      > Daniel
                      >

                      > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, "louis_pugh"
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for the encouragement regarding the instrument. Please
                      let me
                      > > know if you find one for sale.
                      > >
                      > > Louis
                      > >
                      > > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Fisher
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic
                      and
                      > > have had
                      > > > one a couple off years. i love it
                      > > >
                      > > > cf

                      > > purchase. Any

                      > > -----

                      Annie Reyes
                      " Believe me, nothing's impossible with God!"