Wanted Marimba Lumina

  • louis_pugh
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
      Hello:

      I am the director of an arts based program for adults with
      disabilities. We have a percussion ensemble that performs
      professionally and we are looking for a Marimba Lumina to purchase. Any
      information on one for sale would be greatly appreciated.

      You can visit us on the web at www.ec-arc.org

      Thanks.
    • Chuck Fisher
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 22, 2006
        this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic and have had
        one a couple off years. i love it

        cf

        At 03:22 PM 3/22/2006 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hello:
        >
        >I am the director of an arts based program for adults with
        >disabilities. We have a percussion ensemble that performs
        >professionally and we are looking for a Marimba Lumina to purchase. Any
        >information on one for sale would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        >You can visit us on the web at www.ec-arc.org
        >
        >Thanks.

      • louis_pugh
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 11, 2006
          Thanks for the encouragement regarding the instrument. Please let me
          know if you find one for sale.

          Louis

          --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Fisher <chuck@...>
          wrote:

          > this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic and
          have had
          > one a couple off years. i love it
          >
          > cf
          >
          > At 03:22 PM 3/22/2006 +0000, you wrote:
          > >Hello:
          > >
          > >I am the director of an arts based program for adults with
          > >disabilities. We have a percussion ensemble that performs
          > >professionally and we are looking for a Marimba Lumina to
          purchase. Any
          > >information on one for sale would be greatly appreciated.
          > >
          > >You can visit us on the web at www.ec-arc.org
          > >
          > >Thanks.

        • Daniel Weiss
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 15, 2006
            I am looking for one too... 2.5 or 3.5
            Daniel

            --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, "louis_pugh"
            <louis_pugh@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the encouragement regarding the instrument. Please let me
            > know if you find one for sale.
            >
            > Louis
            >
            > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Fisher <chuck@>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic and
            > have had
            > > one a couple off years. i love it
            > >
            > > cf
            > >
            > > At 03:22 PM 3/22/2006 +0000, you wrote:
            > > >Hello:
            > > >
            > > >I am the director of an arts based program for adults with
            > > >disabilities. We have a percussion ensemble that performs
            > > >professionally and we are looking for a Marimba Lumina to
            > purchase. Any
            > > >information on one for sale would be greatly appreciated.
            > > >
            > > >You can visit us on the web at www.ec-arc.org
            > > >
            > > >Thanks.

          • Daniel Weiss
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 15, 2006
              Hello again

              I wonder, what happened to the Multimedia Nearfield company? The
              website seems to be down.

              Thanks for any insight.
              Daniel
            • Grant Porter
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 15, 2006
                Nearfield is still around... http://www.nearfield.com/

                I think Nearfield Multimedia was just a side project for them to see
                if they could take Buchla's design into a comercially viable product.
                Someone in the company (I forgot who) had worked with Buchla on it.
                This makes complete sense as the technology used by the ML is eactly
                the kind of stuff Nearfield are experts with. I believe they also have
                the manufacturing capability to produce the ML so that would have been
                a big plus.

                Even though the ML got nice reviews in Keyboard and other places, I
                guess it just didn't take off like they may have been hoping. All the
                contact infor for support and stuff has gone back to Buchla and I
                don't think another production run has been made since.

                -Grant

                On 4/15/06, Daniel Weiss <weiss@...> wrote:
                > Hello again
                >
                > I wonder, what happened to the Multimedia Nearfield company? The
                > website seems to be down.
                >
                > Thanks for any insight.
                > Daniel

              • Grant Porter
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 15, 2006
                  Nearfield is still around... http://www.nearfield.com/

                  I think Nearfield Multimedia was just a side project for them to see
                  if they could take Buchla's design into a comercially viable product.
                  Someone in the company (I forgot who) had worked with Buchla on it.
                  This makes complete sense as the technology used by the ML is eactly
                  the kind of stuff Nearfield are experts with. I believe they also have
                  the manufacturing capability to produce the ML so that would have been
                  a big plus.

                  Even though the ML got nice reviews in Keyboard and other places, I
                  guess it just didn't take off like they may have been hoping. All the
                  contact infor for support and stuff has gone back to Buchla and I
                  don't think another production run has been made since.

                  -Grant

                  On 4/15/06, Daniel Weiss <weiss@...> wrote:
                  > Hello again
                  >
                  > I wonder, what happened to the Multimedia Nearfield company? The
                  > website seems to be down.
                  >
                  > Thanks for any insight.
                  > Daniel

                • Oeyvind Brandtsegg
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 19, 2006
                    I'll be touring with the band Motorpsycho, using a ML 2.5 and Csound as the sythesizer on a laptop. I thought I'd inform thru the list in case anyone here lives within driving distance from the concerts. (Are there any other MLs in Europe ?) Concert list pasted in below.

                    best
                    Oeyvind Brandtsegg

                    (dd/mm/country/venue)
                    22.04 Norway, Stud.Samfundet, Trondheim
                    23.04 OFF
                    24.04 Norway, Stud.Samfundet, Trondheim
                    25.04 Norway, Hydranten, Hamar
                    26.04 Norway, Rockefeller, Oslo
                    27.04 Norway, Studenthuset, Halden
                    28.04 OFF
                    29.04 Denmark, København, The Rock
                    30.04 Germany, Rostock, Mau-Club
                    01.05 Germany, Postbahnhof, Berlin
                    02.05 Germany, Fabrik, Hamburg
                    03.05 Holland, Paradiso, Amsterdam
                    04.05 Holland, Effenaar, Eindhoven
                    05.05 Germany, Skaters Palace, Münster
                    06.04 OFF
                    07.05 Belgium, Koninklijk Circus, Brüssels - PS! Not Botanique
                    08.05 Germany, Live Music Hall, Köln
                    09.05 Switzerland, Coupole, Bienne
                    10.05 Italy, Rolling Stone, Milano
                    11.05 Italy, Velvet, Rimini
                    12.05 Italy, New Age, Treviso
                    13.04 OFF
                    14.05 Germany, Centralstation, Darmstadt
                  • Keisha
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 24, 2006
                      hello guys! I have a Marimba Lumina 2.5, slightly used ( once
                      actually). You guys interested?

                      --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Weiss" <weiss@...>
                      wrote:

                      > I am looking for one too... 2.5 or 3.5
                      > Daniel
                      >

                      > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, "louis_pugh"
                      > <louis_pugh@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Thanks for the encouragement regarding the instrument. Please
                      let me
                      > > know if you find one for sale.
                      > >
                      > > Louis
                      > >
                      > > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Fisher <chuck@>
                      > > wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic
                      and
                      > > have had
                      > > > one a couple off years. i love it
                      > > >
                      > > > cf

                      > > purchase. Any

                      > > -----

                    • Louis Pugh
                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 24, 2006
                        YES! You can call me at 336.777.0076 ext. 207 or simply email me with the asking price, etc. Thanks.

                        Keisha <keisha_dc22@...> wrote: hello guys! I have a Marimba Lumina 2.5, slightly used ( once

                        wrote:

                        > I am looking for one too... 2.5 or 3.5
                        > Daniel
                        >

                        > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, "louis_pugh"
                        > <louis_pugh@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for the encouragement regarding the instrument. Please
                        let me
                        > > know if you find one for sale.
                        > >
                        > > Louis
                        > >
                        > > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Fisher <chuck@>
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic
                        and
                        > > have had
                        > > > one a couple off years. i love it
                        > > >
                        > > > cf

                        > > purchase. Any

                        > > -----

                        ---------------------------------

                      • Keisha
                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 25, 2006
                          Hi.

                          I'm offering it for USD1100 ( payment for shipping not included)

                          Includes 2 mallets, 2 pucks, manual, memory stick, Sceptre Adaptor ( Power supply), and customized hard case. s/n 023

                          slightly used.

                          I have also one interested buyer, we're still working on it. so, whoever gets it first, gets it. =)

                          God bless

                          Annie Reyes

                          Louis Pugh <louis_pugh@...> wrote:
                          YES! You can call me at 336.777.0076 ext. 207 or simply email me with the asking price, etc. Thanks.

                          Keisha wrote: hello guys! I have a Marimba Lumina 2.5, slightly used ( once

                          wrote:

                          > I am looking for one too... 2.5 or 3.5
                          > Daniel
                          >

                          > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, "louis_pugh"
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Thanks for the encouragement regarding the instrument. Please
                          let me
                          > > know if you find one for sale.
                          > >
                          > > Louis
                          > >
                          > > --- In MarimbaLuminaries@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Fisher
                          > > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > this is a great instrunent for this usage, i am a quadriplegic
                          and
                          > > have had
                          > > > one a couple off years. i love it
                          > > >
                          > > > cf

                          > > purchase. Any

                          > > -----

                          Annie Reyes
                          " Believe me, nothing's impossible with God!"