Re: Pwr supply spec and no Curvature at SXSW

  • jjdavel
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2005
      There is actually a wide variety of power supplies that will work.
      I believe the internal supply will accept between 7.5 and 25 volts.
      I'd say something between 9V and 20V with at least 1 Amp of output
      will work. (Honestly, if you were stuck in an emergency with less
      than a 1 amp you could probably get away with 500mA IF you turn all
      the LEDs off. See "settings".) The new lighter switching power
      supplies work fine. I'll post some other options when I have specs
      in front of me. I thinks its a 2.4mm center positive connector.

      No Curvature at SXSW. Yes. Curvature is on a temporary hiatus, but I
      will be out in Philadelphia May 19 and 20. Playing acoustic
      percussion for a new one man opera but possibly filling out the
      concert playing with the Lumina too.
      Don and I will also be at a controllers conference in Vancouver
      around that time too. The next weekend I think.

      Keep the interest in the instrument alive!

      -Joel

      > The power supply is by Sceptre
      >
      > Product No: PD1212APL6A
      > Input: 120 VAC 60Hz 24W
      > Output: 12 VDC 1.2A
      >
      > Class 2 Transformer
      >
      > Positive tip, negative sleeve
      >
      > Don't really know the plug size (don't have a ruler handy...), but
      I can say that