Re: [ML] New Proud Owner

  • Oeyvind Brandtsegg
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
      I've tried calling a few times now,
      but always get only the answering machine.

      I really want to buy this instrument,
      but now I'm also getting scared of (probable) bad support, if I can not
      reach Buchla when I need to...
      Does anyone know Buchla's supposed business hours ?

      best,
      Oeyvind Brandtsegg

      Chuck Fisher wrote:

      > probably is, Don Buchla gets spammed so much he ignores email . Just
      > call
      > him up.
      >
      > regards,
      > CF
      > At 11:29 AM 5/22/03 +0200, you wrote:
      > >Hi all
      > >
      > >I've tried to order a ML 2.5 recently,
      > >but haven't gotten any reply to my email concerning the order.
      > >I ordered via the www.buchla.com website.
      > >Anyone know if the ML is still available ?
      > >
      > >best
      > >Oeyvind
      > >
      > >--
      > >; Web site for Csound, music, sensors and more.
      > >http://www.teks.no/oeyvind
      > >
      > >; and ...
      > >http://www.kroyt.com
      > >http://www.soundscape-studios.no

      > \\|//
      > (o o)
      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >
      > Please address replies to:
      >

      > Chuck Fisher
      >
      > chuck@...
      >
      > http://www.riveting.com
      >

      > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > -

      ; Web site for Csound, music, sensors and more.
      http://www.teks.no/oeyvind

      ; and ...
      http://www.kroyt.com
      http://www.soundscape-studios.no
    • Chuck Fisher
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
        I made my call call in afternoon and early eve,(2-5 pm california time) I
        dont' know official hrs, but i called like 3 times and got Don Buchla
        himself ! I was a bit setback as he is the synthgod and i'm a
        tech-repair-musician-guy.

        i had a bit of trouble with my 2.5 and they fixed it immediately. its been
        very stable since, I like it a lot.

        regards,
        cf

      • Grant
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 2, 2003
          When I got mine it was through Nearfield. All the support was through them
          as well. That seems to have all moved to Buchla now.

          As far as support, as long as it isn't hardware, this email group is very
          good :)

          Have you left a message on the machine to try and get them to call or e-mail
          you back?

          -Grant