No more Nearfield?

  • fahrner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2002
      It looks like Nearfield is no longer selling the Marimba Lumina, but you can still buy one directly from Don Buchla. Does anybody know if Nearfield is still the manufacturer, or does Don now have them built somewhere else (or build them himself in Berkeley)? Is there any other information on the change? Background information? Any good rumors? Gossip? (Or are there even enough Luminas out there for rumors and gossip?)

      David Fahrner
      (ML 2.5 s/n 003)

    • Chuck Fisher
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2002
        on nearfield's site says they make it. but says acquire from
        buchla. interesting company, heavy rf guys.

        i continue to be impressed by my ml Dons da man !

        CF

        At 08:07 PM 7/16/02 -0700, you wrote:
        >It looks like Nearfield is no longer selling the Marimba Lumina, but you
        >can still buy one directly from Don Buchla. Does anybody know if
        >Nearfield is still the manufacturer, or does Don now have them built
        >somewhere else (or build them himself in Berkeley)? Is there any other
        >information on the change? Background information? Any good
        >rumors? Gossip? (Or are there even enough Luminas out there for rumors
        >and gossip?)
        >
        >David Fahrner
        >(ML 2.5 s/n 003)

        \\|//