Lumina in performance

  • joldavel@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2001
      Hello fellow luminaries:

      I've been meaning to post something here for a while, but haven't
      gotten to it. I'll skip any introductions or opinions for now. I just
      realized that people have complained of not seeing the ML in
      performance. Here's a few upcoming dates to check out. Sorry it is so
      late in coming.

      Performances to check out THIS WEEK and OCTOBER and NOVEMBER:
      (All of these feature Joel on Marimba Lumina) (Get out the pencil and
      mark your calendars--I promise to spare you frequent email
      announcements.)

      This Thursday through Saturday
      WHO: The Paul Dresher Ensemble Electro-Acoustic Band
      And Soloists Lisa Moore, Terry Riley, Tracy Silverman
      WHAT: A Deep Dark Spoonful of Music
      WHEN: Thursday-Saturday, October 4-6, 8pm
      WHERE: ODC Theater, 3153 Seventeenth Street, San Francisco
      TICKETS: $18 General, $14 Students/Seniors
      Box Office: 415.863.9834
      Tix Bay Area in Union Square, www.ticketweb.com, www.odcdance.org/
      theater
      Program:
      Terry Riley - Banana Humberto 2000, featuring Terry Riley as the piano
      soloist
      Lois Vierk - Deep Water Waves (a world premiere)
      Martin Bresnick - Fantasia on a Theme by Willie Dixon - (world
      premiere) a "piano concerto" featuring Lisa Moore as the soloist
      Paul Dresher - Violin Concerto (1997) - featuring Tracy Silverman as
      the soloist
      Related links: http://composers21.com/compdocs/vierklv.htm
      http://www.commonmuse.com http://www.lisamoore.org
      http://www.terryriley.com http://www.tracysilverman.com/bio.html
      http://www.dresherensemble.org/index.html

      This Wednesday:
      October 3rd, 2001. Wednesday, Noon-1:30. SF Jazz hosts JACK WEST and
      CURVATURE
      Free concert at Levis Park Plaza between Battery and Bay Streets, off
      of the Embarcadero, San Francisco. http://www.sfjazz.org/
      Jack West, 8 string acoustic guitar; David Phillips, pedal steel;
      Darian Gray, drums; Joel Davel, Marimba Lumina.

      Other October dates for JACK WEST and CURVATURE include
      "19 Broadway" Thurs. Oct. 11, 9pm-1am 19 Broadway, Fairfax 415-459-
      1091.
      *"Last Day Saloon," Wed. Oct. 24, 9pm-11pm 406 Clement St., San
      Francisco 415-387-6343.

      The not-to-distant future: Feb 26th 2002, YOSHI's presents JACK WEST
      and CURVATURE for the 3rd time in as many years. http://
      www.aheadbehind.com/upcoming.html

      NOVEMBER:
      (If you're in Nashville. Nov 14th, 2001. 2pm Joel Davel and Don Buchla
      performing a new work by Joel, featuring the Marimba Lumina and
      Lightning. This is part of The Percussive Arts Society annual
      convention, PASIC 2001, in Nashville from November 14 - 17. http://
      www.pasic.org/newmusic/index.cfm )

      November 23 & 24, 2001. Friday & Saturday, 7:00 P.M to 11:00 P.M., SF
      "SAINT RUBIDIUM'S TEMPLE" A multi-media event with light and visual
      installations by Larry Ackerman and Dale MacDonald and others.
      Joel performs sanctified solos on Marimba Lumina and Lightning during
      performances at the above times and days. SomArts Cultural Center, Main
      Gallery 934 Branan Sreet at 8th Street San Francisco, California
      http://www.saintrubidium.com/

      Joel Davel
      joel@...
      http://www.isproductions.com/joel