Re: Raw moss

  • Yehuda Miklaf
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2002
      Back in prehistoric times, Tony Lucas (may his memory be for a blessing)
      was going to give a class in marbling in Toronto. I signed up. Tony gave
      me a bag of moss to cook up into size, with directions. I set the whole
      thing cooking in a big pot and after some time my two cats began to
      prowl the apartment, sniffing the air. There was a strong smell, not
      altogether disagreeable, but maybe that's because I'm from Nova Scotia.

      Anyway, I strained the stuff and stored it in huge bottles, awaiting the
      class. However, I missed the date and never got to it, and then forgot
      all about the size. Several months later, while dusting under my bench,
      I found the bottles and opened one. Big mistake. OK, old ox gall smells
      worse, but not that much worse.

      Yehuda Miklaf