Re: metallics

  • dkmaurer1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2000
      I often mix mica particles, available from a papermaking supply house into
      watercolor paint to achieve metallic colors. A teaspoon to about 1/2 cup of
      color works great. You have to keep stirring the paint before you apply it
      though, to keep the particles in suspension.

      And Jill -- we've had three wonderful marblers' gatherings in the U.S. One in
      Santa Fe, one in San Francisco, and another in Maryland. Ink & Gall, no
      longer in existence, carried many articles about the gatherings with the text
      of many of the lectures. I have a video of interviews with many marbling
      artists discussing their work during the opening of the juried exhibition in
      San Francisco. Wish you could all come over and watch it.......