Re: [Marbling] Carragheean

  • Guffey
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15 5:20 PM
      I have successfully used carragheean that is at least 5 years old, maybe
      even 8, purchased from Colophon and have never had a problem with it. A
      trick I learned from Peggy Skycraft was to make it thicker than you need and
      then thin it down with water when you are ready to marble to get just the
      right consistency. If you make it too thin to begin with, then you can't
      correct it. One problem may not be the carragheean but the pH balance of
      your tap water. When all else fails, you could try distilled water, rather
      than tap water, to see if your marbling size is better behaved. There are
      just so many variables as to what makes marbling work and what doesn't.
      Experiment and keep good notes!

      Happy Marbling,

      d.guffey