Re: Over-aluming and newsprint

  • jemiljan
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 14, 2002
      --- In Marbling@y..., IrisNevins <irisnevins@c...> wrote:
      > Funny.....nothing works the same for ANYONE in marbling....it's
      really a
      > wonder it has survived at all, isn't it??
      > Iris

      I tried USA Today, but I had the same problem. Then I found out
      that USA Today is actually printed all over the country in different
      areas. Our version is printed here on the same press as the
      local paper, on the same stock, with the same soybean inks.

      Gee, this is like archival paper- great for longvity, bad for
      marbling.

      Are soy based inks on newsprint our next issue?
      Earth friendly- but bad for skimming?

      I'll try the WSJ THANKS!!