Re: [Marbling] Over-aluming and newsprint

  • IrisNevins
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 14, 2002
      Funny.....nothing works the same for ANYONE in marbling....it's really a
      wonder it has survived at all, isn't it??
      Iris
    • jemiljan
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 14, 2002
        --- In Marbling@y..., IrisNevins <irisnevins@c...> wrote:
        > Funny.....nothing works the same for ANYONE in marbling....it's
        really a
        > wonder it has survived at all, isn't it??
        > Iris

        I tried USA Today, but I had the same problem. Then I found out
        that USA Today is actually printed all over the country in different
        areas. Our version is printed here on the same press as the
        local paper, on the same stock, with the same soybean inks.

        Gee, this is like archival paper- great for longvity, bad for
        marbling.

        Are soy based inks on newsprint our next issue?
        Earth friendly- but bad for skimming?

        I'll try the WSJ THANKS!!