[Marbling] Over-aluming and newsprint

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 14, 2002
      Hey Jake....Wall Street Journal works like a charm......my local paper
      shrunk too!!! WSJ is BIG!!!

      Iris
    • Laura Sims
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 14, 2002
        Iris,

        Wall Street is my favorite too. I made a contact with
        someone who delvers them. I get the left overs.

        As far as alum for marbling with Golden acrylics on
        paper I have to make the solution stronger to get it
        to stick consistently. I use 4 teaspoons per cup of
        water. For fabric I use 1/2 cup to a gallon (1 1/2
        teaspoons to 1 cup water).

        Best, Laura

        --- irisnevins <irisnevins@...> wrote:
        > Hey Jake....Wall Street Journal works like a
        > charm......my local paper
        > shrunk too!!! WSJ is BIG!!!
        >
        > Iris

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • IrisNevins
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 14, 2002
          Funny.....nothing works the same for ANYONE in marbling....it's really a
          wonder it has survived at all, isn't it??
          Iris
        • jemiljan
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 14, 2002
            --- In Marbling@y..., IrisNevins <irisnevins@c...> wrote:
            > Funny.....nothing works the same for ANYONE in marbling....it's
            really a
            > wonder it has survived at all, isn't it??
            > Iris

            I tried USA Today, but I had the same problem. Then I found out
            that USA Today is actually printed all over the country in different
            areas. Our version is printed here on the same press as the
            local paper, on the same stock, with the same soybean inks.

            Gee, this is like archival paper- great for longvity, bad for
            marbling.

            Are soy based inks on newsprint our next issue?
            Earth friendly- but bad for skimming?

            I'll try the WSJ THANKS!!