Re: J-Lube as a size?

  • ttbn55
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 23, 2001
      A quick search yielded this source. I question whether a dollar a
      gallon for J-Lube size is going to beat carrageenan, though if it
      lasts longer it may be worth it. Since J-Lube is 75% dextrose (a
      sugar) I would expect it to spoil at room temperature. If you try
      it, please let us know how it goes.

      Terri
      (new member)

      <<You can order it from a farm supply company called Nasco. The
      company's becoming aware that their product is not just being used
      for birthing calves these days, and are not yet sure how to react
      officially to that, but the people are friendly and polite.

      Free Phone Order Service Dial 1-800-558-9595
      FAX Orders 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
      Order from the Address closest to you:
      Nasco - Fort Atkinson
      901 Janesville Ave.
      PO Box 901

      Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0901
      Phone: (920) 563-2446
      Fax: (920) 563-8296

      Nasco - Modesto
      4825 Stoddard Road
      PO Box 3837
      Modesto, CA 95352-3837
      Fax: (209) 545-1669

      Nasco Catalog description of J-Lube:

      "A versatile, concentrated hand lubricant. Stir into water to form a
      mild, nonirritating lubricant great for obstetrical and palpating
      purposes. Ingredients: 25% polyethylene polymer and 75% dispersing
      agent [dextrose]. One 10 ounce plastic bottle with shaker top makes 6
      to 8 gallons of lubricant. Shipping weight 13 oz. Order number is
      CO8175N. Each: $9.00">>
    • dkmaurer1@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 23, 2001
        Sorry to report that the Nasco phone numbers and addresses posted are for an
        art supply catalog that does not sell J-Lube. Do you have another
        address/phone for a farm supply Nasco?

        Thanks, Diane
      • Mike Whittington
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 23, 2001

          how does one unsubscibe to this group?

        • J Dolphin
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 23, 2001
            You need to go back into Yahoo, pull up the page that displays the groups you are listed with, click on this group listing, and there should be a spot on that page that will let you unlist.
            Jill
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 23, 2001
              --- Dear Terri, Thanks for the info about J-Lube. Diane Maurer says
              the numbers about the firm Nasco are not correct, so I will wait
              until this is sorted out before I telephone from Australia. I will
              certainly let you know if the product works - but first I have to
              find where I can buy it! I agree with you about the dextrose being
              likely to break down quickly. However, I try everything possible, so
              am undeterred so far. Best regards, Joan Ajala P.S. Please let me
              have an update on contact numbers if you have them.