email attachments

  • intrinsicblonde
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2001
      I am new to marbling (just learned last weekend but am thoroughly
      hooked) and am new to this list.

      But I would like to offer some information about attachments. It can
      also be dangerous to open Word files. Viruses can be imbedded in the
      macro feature of the document. A macro is a type of self
      executing program within the word document. When the document is
      opened, the macro opens the file containing the virus or worm program.
      It is much safer to copy and paste any text into the email message.
      --
      Beth Wilts

      mailto:info@...

      http://abovethemark.com
      Above The Mark
      PO Box 8307
      Woodland CA 95776
      phone/fax: 530-666-6648
      VISA, Mastercard and Discover
    • kentuckygin
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 22, 2001
        Beth....

        You can and should set the security function in Word to high so
        embedded macros will not run without permission. (It won't affect
        your own use of macros within Word, only the embedded macros.)

        Gin
        http://www.ginpetty.com
        http://home1.gte.net/kygin/journal/