Paper exchange

  • sidestreet6862
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2001
      Hello marblers,

      Another marbled-paper exchange is being organized. This was highly
      successful last year, with 14 marblers from five different countries
      participating.

      The way it works is, say there are 15 people who sign up. You send in
      15 samples of your work, each 5" x 7", by the deadline (as yet to be
      decided). I'll collate them and send you back a sample from each of
      the other participants. It is a great way to see first hand what
      other
      marblers are doing and learn about their techniques.

      The exchange is open to anyone on the list (or off it, for that
      matter), from beginners to professionals. Last year we had some of
      each, and everyone in between. It was great fun. If you'd like to
      read
      some responses from the last exchange, you'll find some in the March
      2001 postings.

      If you are interested in participating in the exchange, please
      respond
      to me DIRECTLY by December 31 at sidestreet@.... Please
      don't post your response to the whole list. When I hear from you I'll
      add your name to the exchange list and send you a complete set of
      guidelines.

      I look forward to hearing from you,
      Marc Horovitz
    • sidestreet6862
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2002
        The paper exchange was started last year. Each participant sends in as
        many 5" x 7" samples as there are participants. These get collated and
        redistributed so that everyone ends up with an example of everyone
        else's work.

        Invitations for this year's exchange were posted to the list on
        12/17/02 (message #893). In all, we had 21 sign up and 19 who actually
        sent in their samples. The work received demonstrated a broad,
        interesting, and highly instructive sampling of both the creativity of
        the participants and what's psooible in the marbling medium. It was a
        smashing success, from my point of view.

        The exchange is not just for experienced marblers. Those with little
        experience were invited to play, too.

        Anyway, this year's exchange is over. I'll probably do a similar one
        next year. If so, I'll post another general message to the list
        calling for entries. If you have any questions, feel free to post
        them.

        Regards,
        Marc Hor
      • pktmarble
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 29, 2008
          Am interested in joining the paper exchange. Let me know what is
          involved. Always fun to get packages from everywhere! Especially
          marbled papers!
          Creatively,
          Pat K. Thomas
          pktlivingstones@...