Re: [Marbling] Marbling society

  • Franklyn Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2001
      Hi,
      The idea of a marbling guild was broached by Polly Fox and Patti Schleicher at
      San Francisco. Following the Gathering a number of people were asked by Polly
      (by the way is anyone in touch with Polly or does anyone know how to reach her)
      to form a committee to consider the idea.
      Central to the idea was optional accreditation of teachers. There was never any
      thought of accreditation of marblers in general or making accreditation
      mandatory. Several conference calls were held but most committee members were so
      highly concerned that it not be "elitist", highly fearful of the possibly
      divisive results, and the reactions received were so hysterical (we were called,
      among other things, "the marbling gestapo") that the committee disbanded and
      abandoned the attempt.
      I'm certain that no one who was on that committee would ever try again.
      Lots of luck, but certainly forget any form of accreditation.

      Shealgh Smith