problem reading messages

  • Jake Benson
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2001
      Hello to all,

      I don't know if I'm alone, but every time Laura Sims posts something, I get
      the following in my digest version of the marbling list.

      > [This message is not in displayable format]

      I get the digest version for all of my internet discussion groups, because
      it keeps my mailbox from filling up with lots of individual messages.

      I don't know if it's because she uses Hotmail, or because the digest version
      automatically pares down what some computer thinks is extraneous, or if it's
      because I'm using an Apple computer rather than a PC. Does this happen to
      anyone else on the list?

      I go to the web site, and read the messages she posts there. They seem to
      be completely intact, so I wonder if the problem is a hotmail/yahoo
      conflict, or if the server is "over-digesting" when it sends out the
      digest.... I've only notices this happening with Laura's posts. Does
      anyone else use a Hotmail account? Could you post something to this list?
      That way we could check and see if it's a conflict.

      It'd be a shame if this keeps happening, as Laura is putting up important
      information about the coming Gathering, and it may not be reaching
      everyone...

      --
    • J Dolphin
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2001
        As her messages display okay on my computer, I can only ask she relay them
        to me--I'll edit, and repost, if that helps clear up some material for
        readers here. As well, reading at the website should be okay for anyone.
        Maybe it is a conflict, from your own machine though--something blocking the
        display--an anti-virus setting or some such, or some setting that needs to
        be enabled. But when I think back on it--I do get a similar error message
        from time to time, from posts I receive from other lists. I haven't pursued
        resolving the origin/cause nor solution.
        Jill
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 11, 2001
          I have the same problem with laura's emails....but I go to a web based
          emeail service like Homeemail.com and can view it there. It's a bit of a
          pain, but at least I can read it. I have this problem viewing some other
          hotmail emails as well.

          As far as the accreditation business, it still makes my skin crawl as much
          as it did a decade ago. Really, I think the marketplace decides very well
          what works. And who gets to decide anyway, who makes up the tests? I think
          it would just put a damper on things not to mention cause bad blood....I
          certainly would not want to be the one rejecting someone. Come on.....most
          people do this for fun and relaxation anyway. If they get a bad
          teacher.....take another class, try again elsewhere. There will still
          always be inexperienced teachers, and there is no law against it. I think
          the whole accreditation issue is far too stiff and needlessly formal.