Re: [Marbling] how is business?

  • Laura Sims
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 28 2:02 PM

      Dear Iris,

      I'm combining 2 emails.  First off your a peach!  Thanks for getting me the bio so fast.  I like the picture.  Tomorrow I'll ask the PR person if it will be useful for you to just send her an attachment direct.

      As far as September 11 goes I was doing a Washington D.C. show the the 15th and 16th and understandably sells were very slow and the mood somber.  However, I demoed and sold work at the Folk Art Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Asheville the last weekend of September and had record sales in 3 days.  I sell silk scarves, ties, evening wraps, and jackets.  Mimi Schleicher was there the next weekend with her paper and had great sells that weekend.  People were driving and they were spending.

      The Southern Highland Craft Fair was just in Asheville last weekend and I sold well.  People were not buying the more expensive items, but lots of lower end in the $45 to $130 range.  Asheville is unique in that it is a strong tourist center, easily accessible by road and it is leaf season, so I'm sure that location and timing are huge factors.