Re: [Marbling] Gail-Hot Met Cel?

  • Gail MacKenzie
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2001
      Re: [Marbling] Gail-Hot Met Cel? Enid Good Morning,

      I looked up my safty data sheets and found that I have been using J5MS Dow Chemical Methyl cell for 13 years now.  I think the main differences in the different types is what temperature water is used for mixing it.  What does Pro Chem tell you to use? J5MS requires cold water.  If the water is lukewarm J5MS takes much longer to "cure" that is become clear.

      I have a love/hate feeling for summer marbling.  The hotter it is, and it can be in the high 90's to 100's here for days, the brighter the colors and the patterns are much more distinct.  But, it is such a nuisance to ruin the patterns by dripping sweat on the tray.

      Best wishes, Gail

      From: enidadams@...
      Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:11:34 -0000
      To: Marbling@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Marbling] Gail-Hot Met Cel?

      Gail,
      Many of us have had problems marbling in heat (see extensive former
      messages.  It is interesting that your methyl cel seems to work
      better.  I have been using the one from Pro Chem, and have no idea
      which of the 6 types it is, but would love to know about one that
      works in steamy summers.
      Thanks,
      Enid Adams

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT