Re: Colour not Staying

  • sixshort@yahoo.com.au
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 22, 2001
      Kerri - If your cartridge paper is the same as the paper I often buy
      it is shiny on one side - I always marble on the dull side as the
      paints don't adhere as well on the slick shiny surface. Joan --- In
      Marbling@y..., "Kerri" <islandgirlk13@y...> wrote:
      > I tried marbling for the first time and achieved good results in
      the
      > size with the paint (goauche with oxgall on starch) , when it came
      > the colour sticking to the paper
      > however, it didn't. It washed off almost immediately. I used
      > appoximately 2 oz. alum in one pint tap water and the papers
      soaked
      > were regular catridge. Anyone have a clue to what the problem
      might
      > be? Any help is appreciated.
    • Kerri
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2001
        Thanks for that info...unfortunately I don't think that is the
        paper...this paper is dull on both sides...