  • Laura Sims
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2001
      Dear Fellow Marblers

      There was a request for an update on the International Marblers' Gathering 2002.  I wanted to give a tentative schedule and tentative list of prestenters.  A website should be up in November at Arrowmont.

      Wednesday night will open with a gallery exhibition of the presenters' and juried work.  Thursday will be an "Open Portfolio" Day for anyone who wants to participate...basically a buy, sell and trade day.  Friday and Saturday will be a mix of demonstrations and lectures.  Saturday night will end with a cook-out at a pavilion in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

      There will be spaces for approximately 190 participants.  On-line registration will be available.  We are planning to start registration at the end of February.

      We are very excited about the list of presenters so far.  It is a good mix of familiar faces from other gatherings, as well as new faces.  Historical techniques and innovative processes will be explored, as well as several interesting lectures.  Methods on paper, fabric, wood and clay are to be shared.  The names are listed in random order.

      Diane Maurer Mathison, Tom Leech, Iris Nevins, Marie Palowoda, Nedim Sonmez, Einen Miura, Tini Miura, Milena Hughes, James Currier, Jake Benson, Gail McKenzie, and Feridun Ozogoren.

      If you have not filled out Marie Palowoda's directory information please do so.  It is in the archives.  If you are on Marie's list you are on the mailing list for registration.

      Best to each of you,
      Laura Sims, Conference Chair