Re: [Marbling] Re: Marbling in heat

  • Sonja Idema
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 26, 2001
      We also carry a seaweed based size up in Canada called Sodium Alginate. It's
      in a powder form which you blend together with water to make the size. I
      started marbling with this size originally and found it to be much more
      viscous and thick than the carrageenan. I do agree that the carrageenan
      gives a much more clean look but I may try the sodium alginate again this
      weekend to see if it makes a difference in warm weather...has anyone else
      tried this product and what do you think of it? I liked it BEFORE I
      discovered the carrageenan...but I still do use it on occasion.

      Sonja