What to Sell?

  • Michelle Herren
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 21, 2014
      I'm starting to get the hang of this paper marbling, though I am nowhere near the level you nice people are! But now I have all of these 9x12 sheets of marbled paper, and nothing to do with it. Yes, I've made my own hardcover book showing my papers, but there's a problem with that: when making a book with marbled paper s, there's always the problem of seeing the backs of marbled paper! How do you avoid that, anyway?

      But my question is what could I make that I can sell and maybe earn a dollar or two and show my husband that this is more of an art than expensive materials and lots of paint! I've seen (in passing, I didn't stop to read it) that people marble wood and leather. But I'm looking at inexpensive items to make and sell. I have an Etsy store where I'm selling 36 laminated bookmarks for $5 each. I can make more hardbound books and sell those. Mattes for picture frames?

      If I do find some wood or leather to marble, any pointers? But mainly I'm looking for items I can sell

      Thanks!
    • Esdehority
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 21, 2014
        I have used my early attempts (and better, later examples) of my papers to make boxes, because the tiniest ones can use just the pretty parts of a paper that only partially worked out.  People seem to really like the nesting boxes, and those are fun to make, too.  They cost next to nothing to make and I have sold them at local craft fairs for 2 to 10 dollars a box, more for nesting sets or for boxes with dividers inside.

        Elizabeth in NC