Tara

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2014
      that's why people have liked the Dick Blick paper because acid free paper generally does not work for marbling because it has had calcium carbonate added to it ti make it acid free and cheaper for the paper manufacturers to make.

      Thanks for your links and input
      Sue
    • Art Time Studios
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2014
        Aha! I really like the interrelationships (some symbiotic, some not) between all these chemicals. In past workshops we have made crude handmade paper, so "buffering" is another level of discussion.

        Tara

        (Brief message from iPhone)

        On Apr 13, 2014, at 4:17 PM, Sue Cole <akartisan@...> wrote:

        that's why people have liked the Dick Blick paper because acid free paper generally does not work for marbling because it has had calcium carbonate added to it ti make it acid free and cheaper for the paper manufacturers to make.

        Thanks for your links and input
        Sue

      • Beth Heesacker
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2014
          I make my own hand made paper from all kinds of materials. So far all of the ones I have tried - jeans and banana (don't ask me what the others were made of, I do not remember) - have worked without alum and have marbled beautifully with fluid acrylics.
          Beth
          On 4/13/2014 4:18 PM, Art Time Studios wrote:

          Aha! I really like the interrelationships (some symbiotic, some not) between all these chemicals. In past workshops we have made crude handmade paper, so "buffering" is another level of discussion.

          Tara

          (Brief message from iPhone)

          No virus found in this message.