Re:Lucky Iris!

  • Milena Hughes
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2001
      Drats!
      I should move to NJ! The water here has so much chlorine in it that we can't
      even drink it let alone marble with it! Distilled water can really become
      $$$$. -MH

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2001
        Milena....my water is so hard we have to scrape the lime off the toilets,
        faucets and anything else it touches all the time.....water heaters become
        useless FAST....I had a water softener once....it lasted ONE DAY! it really
        fouled up the marbling. Luckily I was able to sell it to a friend that was
        in the midst of building a house.

        This water is so hard one could probably live off the minerals in it!
        Surely I will never get osteoporosis! Guess we make do with what we have. I
        like the good old well water here......before I moved to the "big
        house"...the converted barn, I didn't have enough room and rented a studio
        in the closest town. The chlorine drove me mad for several weeks, then I
        got used to it, it seemed to weaken the size, so I used more powder. Always
        something!

        I.N.