interesting process

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 7, 2014
      not marbling, but interesting.  All the hand work that goes into making kimono material
      http://wimp.com/processyuzen/

      Sue
    • Sharon Gellerman
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 7, 2014
        Hi sue,

        it's not related but there was a post in the not so far past with an Hawaiian marbling artist who creates more wave looking designs , do you remember her name? I believe you commented on it.

        Thank you
        Sharon

        --
        Sharon Gellerman
        ColorVibe Designs
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 7, 2014
          Thanks Sue!
          Since we're on the topic, might anyone have a source of marbling with enamel's?? Process, safety? Thank you.

          Kathryn
        • cherry_hill_drive
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 7, 2014
            Hi!
             If by "enamels," you mean oil colors, Diane Maurer has a chapter on that in her "Ultimate Book of Marbling," which very sadly is out of print
            Caryl Hancock, Indianapolis

            Since we're on the topic, might anyone have a source of marbling with enamel's?? Process, safety? Thank you.

            Kathryn
          • kathryn fanelli
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 7, 2014
              Hi Caryl,

              Not oil paints, enamel paints...car paint, nail polish are enamels, oil paints are oil paints used for fine art work.

              Thanks! Kathy

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 7, 2014
                Sorry!  I have seen fingernails "marbled" with nail polish - google it, maybe youtube? They floated the polish - 2 or 3 colors - on water (don't remember and am not sure) and then dipped each finger through the swirls.

                Since we're on the topic, might anyone have a source of marbling with enamel's?? Process, safety? Thank you.

                Kathryn

              • Mary Shilman
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 7, 2014
                  I believe there was a marbler in Washington state (in the 1970s) who marbled with enamels, that it was a dangerous process because of the solvents involved, that his work sparked some controversy because of that, and that he died at a young age.  His story may be referred to in an early "Ink and Gall"(not Christopher Weimann).  Does that ring any bells with anyone?

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 7, 2014
                    I think it was the Longstreets, Richard Longstreet I believe, and Kathy, his wife....
                    Unless I am remembering wrongly.
                    Iris Nevins
                    www.marblingpaper.com