Re: Art of the Marbler video

  • Keith Houghton
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2013
      What a great find the Cockerell marbling video was. It brought back to me fond memories of visiting 'Sandy' Cockerell at Grantchester back in the early 1970's. I was a young book conservator and marbled working in London at the time. William Chapman gave me a live demo of his fantastic skill at the trough and to this day I still have the samples I was given. I'm now retired from mainstream work but still have my bindery/ marbling studio 'active' so I can 'dabble' when I feel like it. I am also fortunate in having a stock of Cockerell papers dated from the the 1950's. Thanks for bringing back fond memories of that day in Grantchester.

      Keith Houghton

      I Pad messaging