Re: Art of the Marbler video

  • M.
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27 4:50 PM
      John,

      Thank you so much for sharing the Youtube video. Even though I am new
      to marbling and use fabric as my medium, I enjoyed it and gleaned a lot
      from it.

      Thank you,

      Min
      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "angchengsiew" wrote:

      > Film made in 1970 by Bedfordshire Record Office of Cockerell marbling
      on Youtube.

      > http://youtu.be/Vyga8VMWXKg
      >
      > Enjoy
      >
      > John Ang
      > Moderator

    • Keith Houghton
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 29 10:43 PM
        What a great find the Cockerell marbling video was. It brought back to me fond memories of visiting 'Sandy' Cockerell at Grantchester back in the early 1970's. I was a young book conservator and marbled working in London at the time. William Chapman gave me a live demo of his fantastic skill at the trough and to this day I still have the samples I was given. I'm now retired from mainstream work but still have my bindery/ marbling studio 'active' so I can 'dabble' when I feel like it. I am also fortunate in having a stock of Cockerell papers dated from the the 1950's. Thanks for bringing back fond memories of that day in Grantchester.

        Keith Houghton

        I Pad messaging