Art of the Marbler video

  • angchengsiew
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2013
      Film made in 1970 by Bedfordshire Record Office of Cockerell marbling on Youtube.

      http://youtu.be/Vyga8VMWXKg

      Enjoy

      John Ang
      Moderator
    • M.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 27, 2013
        John,

        Thank you so much for sharing the Youtube video. Even though I am new
        to marbling and use fabric as my medium, I enjoyed it and gleaned a lot
        from it.

        Thank you,

        Min
        --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "angchengsiew" wrote:

        > Film made in 1970 by Bedfordshire Record Office of Cockerell marbling
        on Youtube.

        > http://youtu.be/Vyga8VMWXKg
        >
        > Enjoy
        >
        > John Ang
        > Moderator

      • Keith Houghton
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2013
          What a great find the Cockerell marbling video was. It brought back to me fond memories of visiting 'Sandy' Cockerell at Grantchester back in the early 1970's. I was a young book conservator and marbled working in London at the time. William Chapman gave me a live demo of his fantastic skill at the trough and to this day I still have the samples I was given. I'm now retired from mainstream work but still have my bindery/ marbling studio 'active' so I can 'dabble' when I feel like it. I am also fortunate in having a stock of Cockerell papers dated from the the 1950's. Thanks for bringing back fond memories of that day in Grantchester.

          Keith Houghton

          I Pad messaging