Re: [Marbling] For Iris

  • SA Marbling - iMagica Studio
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2013
      yes wow.. paper can be a problem. You should all thank your lucky stars
      that you are in a 1st world country. Try getting paper ideal for marbling
      here in South Africa. I have spoilt reams and reams of paper... asking for
      Eltoro.. because i have tested it.. and i get given a ream of cartridge..
      argghhhhhhh..... that is after treating and marbling onto at least 20pgs..
      thinking... perhaps it is not the paper. it must be something else.. the
      treatment perhaps?

      The problem is that most of the universe buys paper to, write, paint or
      digitally print onto.. they don't realize the importance of absorbancy and
      wet wear. does the paper roll easy onto the tray and does it "bubble' when
      dry which means you have to iron it out, risking damaging the paper or can
      you simply press.

      I am also considering making my own paper.. have got my deckles almost
      sorted to the size of A3 and am exploring any additives to strengthen
      paper. Natural off course... and then to give the paper a coat of size when
      it has dried and been pressed. whahhahhhaaa.. I must sound like a monkey. I
      am so green when it comes to handmade papers..Any advice is welcome please.

      Larissa
      http://marbling.weebly.com/
      facebook really pumps..
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/SA-Marbling-iMagica/181984428540111?fref=ts