The marbling gods were with me

  • Cat
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
      And, the new paper worked brilliantly-Arches Platine (MW, GN)
      Made by Arjomari-Prioux Mill*, France. Mouldmade, neutral pH, 100% cotton, no buffers (alkaline reserve) nor whiteners (optical brightening agents), smooth surface.
      Likely, this is too thick for book arts, but perfect as a stand alone piece or for use with printmaking processes.
      I made the carrageenan fresh the day before, coated the paper 2 hours before printing with fresh alum solution, mixed the Golden acrylics fresh and a bit more watery than before. Everything worked. Whew. Even the silver (a new addition) worked.
      I'll be trying this out again this weekend.
      Cat
    • Nancy Akerly
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2013
        Wahoo! I'm going to give that paper a try too. Good for you, I'm so pleased it all went well.
        Nancy
        liberty Grove Paper Arts

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jun 25, 2013, at 10:33 PM, "Cat" <catthom3@...> wrote:

        > And, the new paper worked brilliantly-Arches Platine (MW, GN)
        > Made by Arjomari-Prioux Mill*, France. Mouldmade, neutral pH, 100% cotton, no buffers (alkaline reserve) nor whiteners (optical brightening agents), smooth surface.
        > Likely, this is too thick for book arts, but perfect as a stand alone piece or for use with printmaking processes.
        > I made the carrageenan fresh the day before, coated the paper 2 hours before printing with fresh alum solution, mixed the Golden acrylics fresh and a bit more watery than before. Everything worked. Whew. Even the silver (a new addition) worked.
        > I'll be trying this out again this weekend.
        > Cat

      • Lilly
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4 3:26 PM
          how did it go Sue