A new question about paper

  • Cat
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2013
      Since I will be trying to combine forms (marbling with monotype and/or intaglio) I have been looking at posts here, elsewhere and on my printmaking boards. Turns out that most printmaking papers are now buffered, which I understand can be problematic. Is this problematic for both water based and acrylic? I have found this paper, info here-
      Arches Platine (MW, GN)
      Made by Arjomari-Prioux Mill*, France. Mouldmade, neutral pH, 100% cotton, no buffers (alkaline reserve) nor whiteners (optical brightening agents), smooth surface.
      It was developed for platinum printing, but will also work for printmaking. Does anyone have any experience with this paper? Any suggestions? I need paper (and pigments) that can be re-dampened, and hold up under pressure from a press. And, as always- acid free, though I understand the process can affect the ph. I have an alternative method- I could always Chine-collé the marbling sections using thin paper, but would really prefer not to.
      TIA, sorry I'm being such a pain.
      Cat