Re: [Marbling] seeking dark paper

  • Carole Floate
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 21, 2013
      Hi everyone,
      I have about 15#'s of methylcellulose and 125 1/2oz bottles of clear amonia.  Is there anyone interested in it?  Does anyone use it?

      Carole A. Floate
      CF Turnings
      200 W. Witchwood Lane
      Lake Bluff, IL 60044
      P 847-295-2631
      F 847-295-2675

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 21, 2013
        I echo the recommendation of Canson Mi Tientes - lots of delicious
        colors. Marbles nicely though a bit thicker than I like for some
        purposes. If you live near a city of any size you may be able to find
        these in art supply or craft stores. Even in Hickory, Hobby Lobby
        carried them. Good to see the colors in person, though you may find
        cheaper prices online.
        The other black paper I adore is Hahnemuhle Ingres
        <http://www.dickblick.com/products/hahnemuhle-ingres-paper/> , which
        also comes in off-whites and several muted colors. The paper is German
        made and easy to work with. It almost never gives me an air bubble and
        wraps around boards nicely. (Can stretch if it gets very damp with
        glue.) I order it from Dick Blick, but if anyone has found an even
        cheaper source, please let us know. Hahnemulhle will let you mix and
        match colors for the bulk discount on the Blick site. I've experimented
        with their other colors, but the only ones I regularly use are the dark
        blue-green and orange (which is more of a marigold color.) Be sure to
        use some metallic paints on your black paper!
        I'm now in Black Mountain, near Asheville. Are you in the western part
        of the state?
        Ginny Moreland