new marbling artist - to me anyway

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2013
      they had such an enthusiastic review of her work, I looked her up. The
      site to me is very confusing, but here is the marbling anyway:

      http://includingbutnotlimitedto.tv/Black-Hours

      here is the review:

      Sheryl Oppenheim (site <http://includingbutnotlimitedto.tv/>)

      I saw two books of Sheryl Oppenheim�s work with marbleized paper at BOS: a
      lovely large-format edition of her *Black Hours* prints at the Bushwick Art
      Book & Zine Fair; and a smaller book titled *Alba Amicorum* at the group
      exhibition *Thin Chance* (Splinters and Logs, 1027 Grand Street). The first
      was exciting, but the second blew me away with its page after page of
      marbleized or spray-painted colors and patterns. I�d never thought much
      about marbleized paper beyond stationary stores, but Oppenheim�s work, in
      color especially, is uniquely explosive, sensual, and psychedelic. It
      basically makes you want to roll around in paint. *�Jillian Steinhauer*

      finally found it:

      http://includingbutnotlimitedto.tv/Alba-Amicorum

      it looks like a book I made awhile ago, but nobody "got it", so maybe I'll
      try again - each page was different like hers with marbling and painted
      papers.

      Sue