Re: marbling literature

  • jemiljan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2013
      Thanks for posting those links, Garrett!

      Not sure why, but I had some trouble getting the Woolnough link that you
      posted to work properly, but then I found this direct link
      <http://klibredb.lib.kanagawa-u.ac.jp/dspace/handle/10487/9168> to all
      of the parts of the book. Too bad they are very large files despite
      being in black and white...

      I remember that Iris said once that Nicholson had plagiarized Woolnough
      in his Manual of the Art of Bookbinding, and original copies had very
      similar papers, so that's something else to look for.

      Part 2 of John Pleger'sBookbinding and its Auxiliary Branches
      <http://archive.org/stream/bookbindingandi01pleggoog#page/n0/mode/2up>
      has a section on marbling. Somewhere in one of the volumes, he has a
      fold-out plate depicting various marbled edges that is fun.

      Also, a gentle reminder to everyone that many historical marbling texts
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling/files/Historical%20Marbling%20Ac\
      counts/> have already been uploaded into the Files section
      <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marbling/files/> of the marbling group
      website. All you have to do is log in to the site directly, click on the
      links, and then you can download away. Also, please feel free to upload
      additional materials, should you find any.

      Jake Benson

      --- In Marbling@yahoogroups.com, "dixongarrett" wrote:

      > A little bit of searching the web can turn up a fair amount of
      marbling literature for free reading and downloading pdfs.