hello - new member - and question about Spanish moire

  • manulito71
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13 4:09 AM
      Hello everyone,
      I am new to this group and relatively new to marbling. I am currently working my way through various marbling books, experimenting and trying to create different patterns. For me one of the most fascinating is the Spanish moire - absolutely gorgeous - , which is, of course, as I have found out, one of the most difficult to create. After hours of experimenting, here are a few questions - maybe one of you experienced people can help.

      a) When folding the paper diagonally and vertically, do the folds have to face inwards (to the alumed side) or outwards (the unalumed back)? Haven't had much success with either yet.

      b) How exactly do you need to "rock" the paper? I have tried up-and-down and side-to-side whilst laying the paper on the size, and I also read somewhere that you need to tilt the bath at the same time so I tried that too (not easy, by the way... you really need to grow another pair of hands...). The outcomes have not been satisfactory.
      I have googled around for demos but no luck. I suppose it also depends on how you lay the paper down - bottom left corner to top right or from middle outwards.

      Any comments would be much appreciated.
      Best regards,
      Manu