Re: [Marbling] inks on ebay UK

  • John Pratt
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 4:59 AM
      Elizabeth

      I am currently in Ireland and purchased Scola Marbling Inks in
      Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland. The colors are quite vibrant and I got
      about three or four sheets from the same bath. There is no list of
      materials on the box but I believe it is oil based. There is a
      residual odor that makes me believe that the inks are oil based. The
      inks are floated on water but I seemed to get a number of air bubbles
      on the surface of the bath which were hard to break and would print
      on the paper. Also the colors seemed to break up with multiple dips
      and become grainy. I was not happy with the results and do not
      intend to use the product again.

      In the states, Oregon, I either use japanese ink sticks or a product
      called Boku-Undo. Boku-Undo is available many
      places. I have purchased it in a local art supply store in Eugene,
      Oregon. Some online marbling suppliers are <dharmatrading.com>,
      <dickblick.com/catalogues/marbling>, <colophonbookarts.com>.
      Colophon has larger bottles of the inks where as some companies only
      have the six color starter sets. Boku-Undo's site is <boku-
      undo.co.jp>. I highly recommend the product and it may be
      available it in your area, or by mail from any number of art suppliers.

      John Pratt