Aluming

  • Sue Cole
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27 11:32 AM
      the medthod I use is a combination of things I learned.

      To put the alum on, I mix up the solution in a jar, then pour it into a pie
      plate. Then I put the paper into a cookie sheet that has sides to catch
      the drips and put it on by dipping a soft foam paint roller into the alum
      and rolling it on - very quick and easy this way. It's one of those skinny
      paint rollers. about 2" thick like you use to do trim with. Then I hang
      them to dry. When dry, I put them into a large plastic bag to keep the
      alum from evaporating and put that under weights. I mark the back of the
      paper with a code that tells me what kind of paper I'm using.
      Sue