Re: Tiger eye

  • Hagen Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
      I had intended to use potash, but already had the other stuff on hand for
      bookbinding, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I don't have a clearly
      defined formula yet -- still tweaking it. The eyes come out beautifully on
      the size but still tend to distort here and there on the print. I'll try
      to get a good picture next time I give it a go.

      Whereas potash can have some caustic properties to it, the K2CO3 is
      strongly alkaline. I couldn't tell you the exact differences, but in
      theory the pure salt doesn't contaminate the carrageenan as much. Using
      this stuff, my eyes don't come out very large. It's a fine field of small
      ones, the largest ones being about the size of a nickel, maybe a few that
      are a tiny bit larger.

    • Barb Skoog
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 13, 2013
        Thanks, Hagen. Helpful info. I do hope it helps with not tainting the bath so much. My K2CO3 that I recently ordered off Amazon is scheduled to arrive by early next week. I'll let you know how it goes. Looking forward to experimenting.

        Cheers,
        Barb

        www.BarbSkoog.com
        Cheers@...