Marbling Classes

  • cattailrunbookbindery
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2013
      Each year the School for Bookbinding Arts at Cat Tail Run Hand
      Bookbinding hosts Marbling Week featuring guest artists Regina & Dan
      St. John of Chena River Studios, Amherst, Massachusetts. The St. Johns
      will share their decades of experience as they teach you to create the
      same exquisite marbled paper designs they do¬ómarbling that they
      show and teach around the country and the world.

      Beginning Paper Marbling June 3-4, 2013 You will learn many
      traditional combed patterns plus the time-honored stone pattern.
      Everyone may reasonably expect to create 25-35 papers. This course
      includes numerous extras such as instruction in edge marbling of book
      pages and marbling on materials other than paper, such as leather or
      wood. $275 + $45 materials fee

      The Art of Fabric Marbling June 6-7, 2013 In this course, students will
      learn to prepare the paints, bath, and fabrics in order to produce
      beautiful marbled fabrics. During the busy two-day workshop, marblers
      will learn to work successfully with small and large pieces of fabric,
      to anticipate typical fabric marbling difficulties, and to set up an
      inexpensive fabric marbling tank at home. Both experienced and
      inexperienced marblers are welcome, and, while it is not necessary to
      have taken the Beginning Paper Marbling course, those who do will
      definitely benefit from having the experience. All students will return
      home with amazing wearable, frame-able, or quiltable marbled fabrics
      that are themselves works of art. $275 + $50 materials fee

      See our website for more details: cattailrun.com/workshops.html

      The School for Bookbinding Arts began in 2002 as a division of Cat Tail
      Run Hand Bookbinding to teach the craft of hand bookbinding and
      restoration. SBBA is committed to providing quality training in the
      craft of hand bookbinding. Its ongoing series of two-day workshops is
      designed to teach techniques that are immediately useful to the the
      student as well as to create a solid foundation of skills for further
      bookbinding study. Workshops are taught in the studios of Cat Tail Run
      Hand Bookbinding near Winchester, Virginia.

    • blskoog
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29

        Hello Marblers!

        For those wanting to learn how to marble or strengthen their existing practice, I've got two marbling class options.

        1) The six-week guided portion of my Clouds on Water eCourse just wrapped up and I cannot even begin to express what an amazing experience it was for me and for participants. They wowed me with their tenacity, creativity, and enthusiasm and I was blown away by how quickly they embraced the art form 100% ~ in all its challenges and glory! While the guided group portion of Clouds on Water is over, the classroom itself is still open ~ and now I'm offering a personal mentoring option! This introduction to paper marbling eCourse was designed to be taken at your own pace so you can jump in and get started marbling at any time. Visit my blog for more information: New Clouds on Water Offering

        2) There are just two spots left in the 2-day Introduction-to-Marbling class at Book Arts LA in Los Angeles. Details are on their website: Introduction to Marbling, Aug 8 and 9

        I hope to see you online or in person and share the joys of marbling with you!

        Cheers,
        Barb

        www.BarbSkoog.com