Re: [Marbling] Re: ox gall

  • D or Jer Guffey
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 24, 2013
      I marble with acrylics and they do not need additional oxgall...

      d.guffey

    • anthonianthonianthoni
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 25, 2013
        Yes and No.
        The ox-gall is indeed the bile-juice of the ox, cow, calf, bull &c. the same product is used both in watercolours & marbling. The only difference is that the stuff sold for use in W/ colour tends to be weaker than that sold for marbling.
        However, the bile juice of the cow does not need to be used. It appears that any beast which has a gall can make perfectly servicable stuff for marbling. I have even heard that the finest gall for marbling comes from the gallbladder of a fish.