Marbling, Paste Papers, Texoprint, & Whatnot

  • KimH
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hi,

      I wrote a while back about my terrible first experience marbling by myself. Good news - I am willing to try again. I've found someone locally who has experience in marbling and is willing to help me. I'm going to incorporate all the tips that were given to me. Make my carageenan a little bit thicker, use higher quality acrylics (I purchased Golden Fluid Acrylics), make my alum stronger - and let dry completely, and try different paper. I got an unbuffered ream of paper from Talas and I ordered some of the Texoprint from Galen Berry in OK. I'm going to try both. So, I am very optimistic that I will have some great marble papers to use in projects soon.

      I do have one question, has anyone ever done paste paper on the Texoprint? If so, is there anything special I should know? Any comments are appreciated.

      Kim (in Colorado)
    • Nancy Akerly
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
        Hi, Kim! I have used Texoprint for paste paper. It works well, is strong, handles wetness and paint well, still stays flexible. Great stuff to work with.

        Good luck with the marbling! You will do fine. It's not rocket science and you've gotten great advice.
        Best wishes,
        Nancy Akerly

        Sent from my iPad
        Liberty Grove Paper Arts
        http://www.libertygrovepaperarts.com

        On Feb 22, 2013, at 12:00 PM, "KimH" <kahether@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I wrote a while back about my terrible first experience marbling by myself. Good news - I am willing to try again. I've found someone locally who has experience in marbling and is willing to help me. I'm going to incorporate all the tips that were given to me. Make my carageenan a little bit thicker, use higher quality acrylics (I purchased Golden Fluid Acrylics), make my alum stronger - and let dry completely, and try different paper. I got an unbuffered ream of paper from Talas and I ordered some of the Texoprint from Galen Berry in OK. I'm going to try both. So, I am very optimistic that I will have some great marble papers to use in projects soon.
        >
        > I do have one question, has anyone ever done paste paper on the Texoprint? If so, is there anything special I should know? Any comments are appreciated.
        >
        > Kim (in Colorado)

      • lilly
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
          http://marbleart.us/TexoprintInfo.htm