Re: Re: [Marbling] Lynx Opaque Paper

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2013
      The Buffering matters if it is calcium carbonate, which it generally is. It negates the alum, and the paints run off.
      The best way is to get a sample and test it. Make sure it is from their CURRENT stock, not stuff that may have been cut 10 years back before they might have been buffering it. I have too many cartons of useless paper that I bought based on the fact the sample worked. They refuse to take it back as well, and cartons can yeild up to 4000 sheets depending on paper trim size. I'd jus oss mine in the trash but for the fact they were so expensive, maybe someone can use them for something else down the line.

      Iris Nevins
      www.marblingpaper.com

      On 02/19/13, Lilly Thingz<fibreythings@...> wrote:

      I know nothing about lynx opaque but why would the buffering matter?

      L~

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 20, 2013
        Thank you Iris.  If nothing else you could use that paper for stationery.  I've done that a few times.

        L~