Lynx Opaque Paper

  • hagen_hsm
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
      Hello.

      I'm experimenting with different papers, and wondered if anyone has had success in marbling Lynx Opaque. I've got my eyes on some 60lb text weight sheets, grain long, but so far my inquiries direct to the manufacturer on whether it is buffered have gone unanswered. If anyone could speak to its suitability for marbling, I'd appreciate it.

      Thanks,
      H.
    • Lilly Thingz
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 19, 2013
        I know nothing about lynx opaque but why would the buffering matter?

        L~

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 20, 2013
          The Buffering matters if it is calcium carbonate, which it generally is. It negates the alum, and the paints run off.
          The best way is to get a sample and test it. Make sure it is from their CURRENT stock, not stuff that may have been cut 10 years back before they might have been buffering it. I have too many cartons of useless paper that I bought based on the fact the sample worked. They refuse to take it back as well, and cartons can yeild up to 4000 sheets depending on paper trim size. I'd jus oss mine in the trash but for the fact they were so expensive, maybe someone can use them for something else down the line.

          Iris Nevins
          www.marblingpaper.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20, 2013
            Thank you Iris.  If nothing else you could use that paper for stationery.  I've done that a few times.

            L~